Monday, February 15, 2016

The Future Of News Is Not The 'Fun' Quartz App, It Needs These Four Things To Succeed

I am a fan of Quartz so I had big expectations when asked to be a Beta tester of the new news app out today. The experience of using the app has been fine but it is clear there's a long way to go until the messenger-esque user interface (UI) rivals the usability anything currently available. Admittedly I had high expectations and I am ultimately left disappointed but it's a perfectly decent enough app. Don't get me wrong, I was just as ready as @Mims and co to offer glowing reviews but unfortunately the value is just not there yet. The app itself is clean, simple and uses a UI that is similar to a conversation you have with a knowledgeable friend. Except it isn't. The UI is a kooky, overly emoji-laden, question asking dumb computer that never feels quite right.

No comments:

Post a Comment