Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Why We Need Close Ties With International Organizations

The fact that private-sector IT security companies cooperate with law enforcement agencies and international organizations such as INTERPOL tends to raise a few eyebrows. For some, such cooperation appears to be a source of great concern and suspicion, leading them to think that security companies may be (i) not protecting their privacy and in fact aiding government surveillance; and (ii) helping certain security services in their clandestine activities aimed at other security services. I believe such suspicion is not justified. Here I’ll begin to explain why. I’ll explain how and why – using my company as an example – our industry works closely with such partners as international bodies. In the next blogpost I’ll go into the detail of our ties with national security services and cyberpolice all over the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment