Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Would Your Boss Throw You Under The Bus? 8 Side Effects Of Irresponsible Managers

Several years ago I was having a one-on-one conversation with a leader in an oil and gas company. He seemed discouraged and I asked him what was going on. He said, “A few weeks ago I was invited to go to a meeting with our new CEO to present a proposal. I had frequent conversations with my boss about the proposal and I knew my boss was in full agreement. When the CEO heard my proposal he reacted negatively and even said some disparaging things about me. My boss who had worked with me to create the proposal and was in full agreement said nothing. I have never felt more embarrassed and alone. My boss threw me under the bus and then left me there bleeding. He did not say a word and he has not said anything since.”

No comments:

Post a Comment